Check out these how to cook images:
Choose a beautiful head of cauliflower to make this soup: very white, with no bruises and green, crisp leaves and a nice and sweet aroma. Old, yellowish cauliflower have a characteristic sulphury odour: they are way too bitter for a soup like this one.
Ingredients (4 servings)
– 1 head cauliflower, chopped or divided into florets.
– 1 small yellow onion
– 1 cup water (250ml)
– 1 1/2 cups low fat vegetable or chicken broth (375 ml)
– 1 1/2 cups skim milk (375 ml)
– 1 cup fat free cream cheese, or any fat free cheese of your choice (150-200 grams)
– 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
To garnish: small florets of cauliflower, chili flakes, pepper and celery green leaves.
1. Chop the onion, place it in a microwave safe baking dish and cover with a lid or plastic wrap (venting a corner). Microwave on high 2-5 minutes, until onion is tender.
2. In a large sauce pot, add the onion, broth, skim milk and chopped cauliflower.
3. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover and let simmer for 10 minutes (until the cauliflower is softened)
4. Using an inmersion blender, puree the soup.
5. Add the cheese and the mustard and stir until the cheese is completely melted
6. Season with pepper and salt (if needed)
7. Serve and garnish with steamed or roasted cauliflower, chili flakes and celery leaves. Enjoy!
More low carb, Dukan friendly recipes,
To steam cauliflower in the microwave, divide into florets, wash, place in a microwave safe dish, cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes, until tender.
How to cut cauliflower into florets www.thekitchn.com/basic-technique-how-to-cut-cau-89495
Tips on Cooking Cauliflower www.asianonlinerecipes.com/cooking_guide/cooking-cauliflo…
Original recipe, Quick and Easy Recipes www.quickneasyrecipes.net/wisconsin-cauliflower-soup/
Chef Michael Schlow Makes Deconstructed Corn Soup with Shrimp, Bacon, and Potato
Image by Food Thinkers
James Beard Award winning chef, Michael Schlow, shows how easy it is to make a delicious soup in the Breville Die-Cast Hemisphere Blender.
Corn Soup with Shrimp, Bacon, and Potato
(Makes 4 portions)
½ cup red onion, diced
3 oz Olive Oil
1 pint Fresh Corn, off the cob
½ quart milk (whole)
½ quart Corn Stock (see below recipe) or clear veggie stock
1 tablespoon butter
Salt & Ground White Pepper
Heat olive oil in sauce pot with onion and sauté over high heat for 1 — 2 minutes.
Add Corn and Sauté for 1 minute
Lower heat to medium
Add milk and stock
Cook slowly until the corn and onion are tepid.
Remove from heat, allow soup to cool
In small batches puree the soup in a high speed blender till smooth and creamy
Taste and adjust with Salt and White Pepper
Reheat before adding to bowl with garnish
Each bowl gets 3 shrimp cooked and cut in ½
1 piece of bacon cut into small pieces, cooked until just crispy
3 tablespoons of diced, blanched potatoes
Once soup is poured over garnish top with Chorizo Oil (See below recipe for Chorizo Oil)
Boil Corn on the Cob
Pinch of Saffron
Slowly render Chorizo, pour out oil through strainer and use to taste as the garnish.
How to cook crayfish
Image by inky
From TV show in Finland.
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”;
amzn_assoc_search_bar = “true”;
amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “doublebowlsink-20”;
amzn_assoc_search_bar_position = “bottom”;
amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “search”;
amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”;
amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”;
amzn_assoc_region = “US”;
amzn_assoc_title = “Amazon Today`s Deal”;
amzn_assoc_default_search_phrase = “modern kitchen sink”;
amzn_assoc_default_category = “Kitchen”;
amzn_assoc_linkid = “784c9bcd30adad59650b9ea5ca62c368”;
amzn_assoc_default_browse_node = “284507”;